Saturday, November 27, 2010

Identity Crisis

I've been tracking my blog's hits with Google Analytics, and the results are interesting and completely confounding. Here's the thing: I don't have a particular focus. Oh, sure, there's a preponderance of horror and genre film covered on my blog (as you might expect given the title of the blog), and I have a special focus on transgender cinema, but I never set out to specifically cover any one area of movies so much as I set out to document my relationship with cinema of all kinds. Google is telling me two different things about this. First, my page hits went through the roof during the October Challenge, and they've stayed high this month as I document the stragglers. I imagine that the Naschy blogothon will have a similar effect. I hope so, anyway. And yet, the individual pages that get the most hits are for art films. The most popular destination on my blog--by a large margin, no less--is my review of Ming-liang Tsai's The Wayward Cloud, a hardcore art film. This month's top hit is the review of Antichrist. So I'm attracting two separate and distinct audiences: The art film crowd and horror fans. And that's fine. I love both kinds of readers. It does kind of throw the identity of this blog off kilter, though, in a jack of all trades, master of none sort of way.

Anyway, the Thanksgiving holiday has knocked me for a loop as far as movie-watching goes. I should be back to real blog entries tomorrow and stay tuned for the Naschy blogothon in a couple of days. In the mean time, here are a few of my favorite hits for Thanksgiving:







Happy holidays.

No comments: