Thursday, July 07, 2011

Shameless Self-Promotion: Womanthology Edition


Please pardon this interruption of my usual movie-review format, but I'm participating in Heroic: A Womanthology, a HUGE comics anthology, created entirely by women. The line-up for this includes some completely awesome artists and writers, including Gail Simone, Devin Grayson, Ming Doyle, Stephanie Buscema, Lauren Montgomery, Colleen Doran, and Ann Nocenti, as well as unpublished creators like your's truly. Believe me, the thought of appearing in a comics anthology with the likes of Gail Simone and Colleen Doran has me more than a little bit starstruck. If all goes to plan, then the whole thing will be published by IDW. More than that, this is a charity book, with the proceeds going to the Global Giving Foundation. For more information on the entire project, visit our web page. And take a look at the awesome promo video put together by the project founder, Renae De Liz:




There's a catch, though: we need to raise the printing bill. That's where Kickstarter comes in. In order to print the book, we need to come up with $25,000, at a bare minimum. More than that would be great. There are a ton of awesome incentives, including art, books, and other goodies. So if you want to see this project come to fruition, please become a backer. I don't like to beg, but, hell, this is worth it.

On a more personal level, participation in this project has rekindles my (relatively) dormant love of comics and cartooning. I've always been painfully shy about posting my own work (though I've gotten over that in recent years thanks to some profound changes in my life). This is a step into the broader comics community for me. It's the kick in the ass that will get me back to the drawing table. Don't be surprised if comics begin to colonize a wing of Stately Krell Manor. I'm excited beyond belief by this project, and I hope to share my enthusiasm in the coming months.

3 comments:

Aubyn said...

This sounds awesome! Congratulations and please feel free to share your talents with the rest of us.

J Luis Rivera said...

Congrats! You gotta let me know where can I find a copy!! I'd buy more than one!

Vulnavia Morbius said...

Hopefully, it'll be available wherever comics are sold.