Tuesday, January 08, 2013

Help Keep Krelllabs on the Web

Update: While I'll still happily take donations (in exchange for art--I guess that's not really donation, but whatever), my immediate need has been met. Thank you, everyone who donated).

It's no secret that the economy has been shit for everyone. It's been shit for me, that's for sure. I lost my longtime graphic design gig at the end of 2011 and I've been subsisting on unemployment and the stray freelance gig for the past year. While the debate in congress was raging over the so-called "fiscal cliff", I started hording money in order to pay my mortgage on the very real chance that my UI benefits would expire at the end of the year. Fortunately, they were renewed, but unfortunately for me, I had to make a hard choice: mortgage or car payment. I chose my mortgage. My car was reposessed this morning. Now, I have the money to get it out once Toyota sends me a bill. But I don't have the repo fees, which will run to about $400. So I'm going to try to crowd source this. I'm soliciting donations.

Wait, you may be asking: how will this keep Krell Labs on the web? Two ways: first, it will let me pay the bill without having to short something else -- like my internet bill. Second: I rely on my vehicle to get to and from movies. The nearest movie house is 20 miles from my house and there's not public transportation between my flyspeck of a town and the larger city to the south.

So if you can and are willing to help, I've put a donation button below. Thank you in advance for your support.






As a bonus, anyone who donates will get a drawing or other piece of art from me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hope things get better for you soon. hang in there.