Thursday, September 27, 2012

Kicking a Dead Horse

There's no easy way to say this: I've been blocked. I won't get into the reasons, but it has been next to impossible for me to concentrate on writing lately. Some of this is blogging burnout, which eventually afflicts almost everyone who blogs for any length of time. Sometimes, those burnouts never resume blogging. Hopefully, that won't be me. I enjoy writing about film. I've been writing about film since I was a teenager. It's just not coming as easily right now as it used to.

I'm also tired of my current blog design, so even though I plan to resume blogging regularly next week (when the October Challenge begins) or possibly this weekend, stately Krell Labs will probably look different sometime very soon. I definitely need to clean up the clutter and find a better way to index my blog than that insanely long list of tags on the sidebar. Hopefully, this will result in a blog that's easier to read and easier to navigate.

Meanwhile, here's a drawing of Snake Plissken I did for one of my fundraiser backers. I'm still accepting commissions, if anyone wants a drawing, but I didn't make it to Fantastic Fest (again) this year, so it's not a fundraiser, per se, just a means of keeping my blog afloat in a crappy economy.


Also, a reminder to anyone who wants me to participate in the October Challenge, send me a note at christianne_in_leather at yahoo dot com with links to your blog, or just leave me a comment.



Love to everyone who reads my rantings. I'll be back in a bit.

7 comments:

Aubyn said...

Since I've always been amazed at the extremely high quality and quantity of your writing, I'm not surprised you feel the need to take a break. Take the time to enjoy yourself. You've earned it in spades.

Aubyn said...

Sorry, Vunalvia, I think I ended up spamming you. It was tellign me my comment hadn't been approved so I think I ended up sending you about 50 copies of the same comment. You have my deepest regrets.

Vulnavia Morbius said...

Hi, Rachel,

It's taken care of. No harm done. And thanks for the kind words.

Laura said...

For perhaps different reasons, I'm in the same boat as you. It's been getting a little bit better lately, but yeah...blocked in a bad way for a while now.

I echo Rachel's sentiments that you deserve the downtime. We'll all be here when you get back, so take your time! The internet ain't goin' no place. Awesome posts like yours shouldn't be rushed or pressured out of you.

Vulnavia Morbius said...

Hi, Laura.

It's funny that you say that, because most of my posts are written in a rush. Especially the longer ones where it looks like I've unscrewed the top of my head and let everything pour out. Those are usually written at a fever pitch.

crow said...

I do think this happens to all of us. I have spells where it just flows in buckets full, and then, in an abrupt thud, just stops. I hope it becomes unclogged soon.

Jenn said...

This definitely happens to all of us and I'm right there and have been for months. BUT, since October is nigh, I will once again be participating in the Challenge and hopefully that might spur some creativity around the Cavalcade.

Best of luck, Vulnavia. See you all in the Challenge!